A Classic Game Fueled by Nostalgia

Photo by: Nintendo


Have you ever had a special game that brings you a kind of nostalgia you can’t forget? Well, I have and, that game is The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. My name is Alex and I am an avid fan of the Zelda series, I also have played many kinds of games throughout my life. I remember playing Ocarina of Time when it first came out on the 3DS, I was 8 years old and it was my first ever experience playing a game like Ocarina of Time, and technically my first ever “game”. To this day I enjoy playing all kinds of video games, but the Zelda series and Ocarina of Time in particular hold a special place in my heart. Not only did it revolutionize gaming for me but it opened my eyes to the genius mechanics and storytelling Ocarina of Time had to offer.

Ocarina of Time, a game created by Nintendo for the N64 (Nintendo 64), was the fifth installment of the Zelda series and was the most highly anticipated game of its time. The game has cemented itself in history as a classic when it first came out and was the first ever Zelda game featured on the Nintendo 64 to be a 3D game. The game was released in 1998 and for a game that is older than me, it has stood the test of time revolutionizing the Zelda franchise and many other games in the future.

The game is introduced as an action-adventure game set in the world of Hyrule where players play as Link on a quest to defeat Ganondorf by traveling through time and navigating dungeons which drives the narrative of the game. In the game, players are able to collect weapons and build an arsenal of tools through the story and side quests in order to progress in the game. Interesting dungeon mechanics and puzzles are found everywhere forcing the player to think more about their actions while also giving plenty of options for how they want to play. Coupled with the amazing soundtrack the game has to offer, the game had amazing immersion at the time. These are all key characteristics of the Zelda franchise that make it amazing and after Ocarina of Time, the level of quality was only brought higher in future games.

Ocarina of Time is just the beginning of this classic video game series, as I continue writing future blogs I’ll go more in-depth with the Zelda franchise and how it has evolved over time into one of the most well-known video game franchises of all time. There are many games in the series so I’ll only be looking at the more well-known titles in the series such as Breath of the Wild and most recently Tears of The Kingdom as well as older titles that I have played before. You might even be convinced to play some of these Zelda games so stay tuned for more.

Comments

  1. Hey Alex!
    I'm an avid gamer as well and consume a lot of content through YouTube and streaming so I have heard a lot about Zelda and more specifically about Ocarina of Time from some creators I watch however your explanation of the game seemed more intriguing then theres. I am definitely interested in playing it, I played Breath of the wild last year and thought it was amazing and wanted to possibly try Tears of the Kingdom but maybe I should try Ocarina of Time first?
    Anyways thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How "Breath of the Wild" Redefined the Open World Genre

Unmasking the Enigma Behind Majora's Mask